See a map of Brixton Hill ward
The ward includes:
- Lambeth College.
- Primary schools include Christ Church Brixton, Christ Church Streatham, Corpus Christi, Livity, Orchard, Richard Atkins and Sudbourne.
- Nurseries include Holmewood.
- Central to the ward is Brixton Prison.
- The larger housing estates are Saxby Road, Blenheim Gardens, Dumbarton Court and Roupell Park.
- Parks and green spaces include Rush Common.
The population of Brixton Hill ward rose from 12,135 in 1991 to 12,458 in 2001, an increase of 2.7%. This is 4.7% of the borough population. Brixton hill has an area of 112.9 hectares (4.1% of the borough). For the local elections in May 2002, there were 9,624 electors.